In a 8 page scholarly research paper, evaluate Section 10:Therapy from the APA Ethics Code as it applies to being a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist. Review and cite a minimum of five scholarly articles from peer-reviewed journals.
For this assignment, you should write your paper with a psychologist in mind. Your goal is to inform them about the ethical standards that relate to this role and how their personal values and socio-cultural influences may affect their ethical decision-making in this role. Section 10: Therapy has 10 subsections within called ethical standards.
In the paper, consider how each standard of the Section would affect ethical decision-making in that job. apply to that job.
Provide the new employees with examples of work related activities, common dilemmas, and interactions in the workplace to which the standards relate. You will also synthesize the information from the articles and the course readings to support your main ideas in this paper.
Finally, in a one-page section, analyze the relationship between your personal values (beliefs, possible biases, morals, etc.) and ethical decision-making in this job role. Make suggestions for how the new employees can analyze their personal values and socio-cultural influences in relation to ethical decision-making in this role.
Be sure to address the following in your paper:
1. What is the chosen job role that will serve as the context for your paper? What are some key job tasks, work related activities, and interactions associated with this job? Explain these as if you were presenting a summary of them to the new employees.
2. Summarize your chosen Section of the Ethics Code. Be sure to address each of the standards of that section. Remember to write this with your audience in mind.
3. How does each standard of the Section relate to typical work related activities, common dilemmas, and interactions of this job? Provide concrete examples to illustrate these for the new employees.
4. Are there any ethical issues within your chosen job that are not explicitly covered in the APA Ethics Code?
5. How do your personal values (beliefs, possible biases, morals, etc.) relate to the ethical codes associated with ethical decision-making in your chosen career role? How do you suggest new employees evaluate their personal values and how these relate to the Ethics Code?
6. What personal and socio-cultural influences may contribute to your beliefs, values, and decision-making? How do you suggest new employees evaluate how their personal and socio-cultural influences may contribute to their beliefs, values, and decision-making? What resources could the new employees consult when facing an ethical dilemma?
Your Assignment should be a 8 page essay, not including the Title and Reference pages, and should include the following elements:
Body: Answer the questions in complete sentences and paragraphs
The assignment must be written in Standard English and demonstrate superior organization, including a highly developed viewpoint and purpose.
The communication of your thoughts must be highly ordered, logical, and unified, displaying exceptional content, organization, style, and mechanics (including the use of correct grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure).
Reference Page: Sources in APA format
Use Arial or Times New Roman 12-point font, double-spaced
Use 7th Edition APA Formatting and Citation style
If needed, be sure to use the Writing Center for help.